Monday, 11 February 2013
AT LAST - here's the news we hoped for - don't know any more than this so far.
From the northern Echo': -
" In North Tyneside, the £1.9m the council has received will help bring its landmark Spanish City Dome back to being a focal point for visitors again with a new public piazza to join the building to the seafront.
The grant will also support the creation of a new Heritage Centre at North Shields Fish Quay to provide a new visitor attraction, cafe and exhibition space."
More news later.
Thursday, 12 July 2012
Saturday, 23 June 2012
Although the Blog has been quiet for some time, Net members are active in research, meetings with others, and meetings of the group.
Current priorities are:
- · To become a constituted group – necessary for funding applications
- · Exploring funding sources and making links with other establishments/groups to best meet criteria for funding bids
- · Drawing up a Development Plan/Business Plan
- · Meeting with and taking advice from similar established community groups
- · Preparing to apply for Charitable Status
- · Talking with potential Trustees
- · Planning for training sessions for Trustees
We expect to hear in this coming week that planning application for repairs/alterations to the Old Low Light has been permitted.
The application has been modified: the clause requesting opening up of the window on the black wall has been removed [at this time, the Historic Buildings Officer has said there is no historical justification to support this alteration]. A separate application will be made at a later date.
Thursday, 3 May 2012
Do have a look at their web site: http://blythbattery.org.uk
You'll be inspired to visit.
Tuesday, 1 May 2012
To see current photos of the building with captions, click on 'The Old Low Light' at the top of this page.